Welcome to your introduction to some of the fantastic authors who joining us in a few short days at the conference. Today is another RUST CITY DOUBLE FEATURE! First up, showcasing
Hi Donna! Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Hi! I'm Donna MacMeans, best known for my Victorian historicals published with Berkley Sensations and my love of peacock feathers. :-) Basically, I write seduction, but always with a little humor thrown in. That said, my most recent release is an indie-pubbed forward time-travel. A Victorian charm teacher from 1853 suddenly finds herself in modern day New Orleans and needs the assistance of a disbelieving professor to get home. I call it Charming the Professor and it's a lot of fun! Wait till you see the beautiful cover. I hope you give it a try.
I'm currently working on the next novel in my historical Rake Patrol series (called To Bait A Rake - Love that title!)--however--my next release is actually a stand alone Romantic Suspense that I'd published years ago with a small press. I wrote it before I discovered my love of the Victorian era. In a Heartbeat should be released right before the Rust City Book Con. Finally, about me - I'm a licensed Certified Public Accountant by day and the current Treasurer of Romance Writers of America. Besides writing and reading romance, I paint with acyrlics and make intoxicating (hic!) chocolate desserts. I have two adult children, a vampire cat that likes to attack my feet, and a husband to whom I've been married for 40+ years.
My goodness, it sounds like there is never a dull moment in your house! Shall we talk about RustCity?
1. Fill in the blank: "I used to be really good at multi-tasking LOL , but these days I'm pretty rusty." I'm still trying... not always succeeding!
2. Eminem or Aretha? Explain.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Aretha, baby! She can tap into a woman's soul like no other. Back in the day, her songs would make me feel empowered - and just plain good.
3. Choose One:
I'm confused. And not from around here.
Diet Dr. Pepper
4. What are you looking forward to most at the RustCity conference? I LOVE, love, love talking to readers and I love, love, love meeting and speaking with other romance writers. I'm a people-person. This to me is Heaven. I'm so excited that the RustCity Book Con is close enough to drive. Detroit/Troy is a new market for me. This will be fun! Isn't it great to have something in this area?
5. What is an off-the-cuff association you have with Michigan, Detroit, or Troy? I'm an alumni of The Ohio State University and we always spoke of Michigan quite fondly (grin). Riiiiiiiiiiiight, of course you do....
My family has vacationed at Mackinac Island and in a charming cabin along one of the many lakes in Michigan. I've been to the sand dunes near Traverse City - I had no idea such things existed in the MidWest. They certainly don't in Ohio. I've visited the Henry Ford museum and Greenfield Village - and been to the Detroit airport too many times :-) Good times.
6. Your latest work of fiction features a wealthy industrialist and an R&B singer. What's the first sentence? Maggie knew him immediately by his attempt to look casual in clothes that cost more than her entire wardrobe. She hadn't expected young and handsome. She rather thought all wealthy industrialists would be old and hunched over with liver spots the size of the stogies they smoked. But this one...this one was song-worthy. The nature of the song would depend on his reaction to her admittedly outlandish proposal.
Can't wait to meet at the Rust City Book Con. In the meantime, sign up for my newsletter at www.DonnaMacMeans.com and receive a free short story as a thank you. I give away books every month to my subscribers and share inside tidbits about my books. Visit me at my website or on Facebook! My featured books at Rust City: Charming the Professor (time-travel) and Bound by Moonlight (historical paranormal) and coming soon: In A Heartbeat (Romantic Suspense).
That all sounds so great, Donna! I can't wait to meet you! Thanks so much for hanging out here on Alpha Heroes today.