Welcome to the FINAL COUNTDOWN of author features before we arrive at the day we've been waiting for, when the pant-off dancing commences. In the next week, Alpha Heroes is pleased to host a number of author MadLibs, the FINAL EPISODES of the adventures of Candy, and who knows what else might happen. Registration is officially closed, but our Fearless And Compassionate Leader has opened up a few spots that you may be able to nab if you hurry!
And now I'd like to welcome Jeffe Kennedy to Alpha Heroes. Jeffe has a long writing career, including non-fiction and poetry, but her current works are mainly around her high fantasy Tala series, and contemporary erotica. She's been known to blend the two. Her tagline is "Fantasy. Power. Passion." and I can say she brings all three to everything she writes.
The Reading Until Dawn Con is different from typical fan conferences in that it will feature tons of games. So here are my game-themed questions (truthiness is optional).
1. No one ever beats me at the game of __gin rummy__. This is my kind of challenge.
2. Please fill in these blanks: "When I was a kid, and they were picking teams for sportball, I was usually:
a) picked right away
b) not picked right away- I was always dead last! <-pitiful pitiful--="">-pitiful>
c) one of the captains
Later in life, I found myself __to be much more athletic than I thought__, and I think it was all because of how the sportball teams were picked—and because the gym teachers never bothered to teach me any skills. I could have learned!
3. The most embarrassing/hilarious game I ever participated in was __guessing baby food in unlabeled jars__. Everyone was laughing at __mixing up veggies and meat – yuck!__ I have to admit, I usually found a way to only pretend to taste that stuff... I couldn't eat it when feeding to my own babies either.
4. In an alternate universe, I am George R. R. Martin, only my fabulously successful 700-page epic book is titled "Game of Heroines Who Control Their Own Destinies." Hmm, sounds SUBVERSIVE.
5. Once, __Grace Draven__ suggested that we do a duology together, and I could only respond, GAME. ON. __It’s coming out in spring!__ Awesome! that sounds like a match made in heaven.
6. Would you like to play the 5-words game? Unfortunately, it just isn't going to work with my schedule. No problem, Jeffe. Your hats make up for it!
|Jeffe, me, Maisey Yates, and beignets!|
Check out Jeffe's work at Amazon or the bookseller of your choice.
Be sure to keep up with all things Reading Until Dawn, by following it via your own personal social media drug of choice: Facebook |Twitter | Google+ | Up All Night Reading Challenge | Pinterest | Tumblr | RSVP at the Facebook Event.