Welcome to your introduction to some of the fantastic authors who are headed for the conference in just a few short weeks! Today I'm showcasing
Welcome, Caity, can you tell us a little about your work?
Hey there! I'm C.K. Brooke. I write fantasy and romance novels for 48fourteen and Limitless Publishing. Eight of my novels are currently published, with number nine completed and in the publishing pipeline, and the tenth in progress. That's an amazing schedule, CK! What genre do you write?
I write about everything from lost duchesses and charming rogues to Indiana Jones-style adventures and swashbuckling treasure hunts and rescues.
Well, Caity, let's talk about RustCity!
1. Fill in the blank: "I used to be really good at writing non-fiction , but these days I'm pretty rusty." You know what's funny? I can hardly stand to read non-fiction, but I'm not too bad at writing it. And I can't write fiction to save my life...
2. Eminem or Aretha? Explain.
Hmm. I grew up listening to Eminem, and I actually live right near him. But I'd have to pick Aretha because her songs truly represented people and gave an iconic voice to the era. "Iconic" is the perfect word. I think they both are, in their own way.
3. Choose One:
I'm confused. And not from around here.
4. What are you looking forward to most at the RustCity conference? I'm most looking forward to meeting people. As a stay-at-home mom, I don't have a lot of social outlets, so this will be a welcome retreat! And for once, I don't have to feel awkward, because we're all there on account of the same passion: our books! We can always be awkward together, right?
5. What is an off-the-cuff association you have with Michigan, Detroit, or Troy?
Michigan: It's my husband's home state, and where I moved in 2014.
Troy: Where my son goes to speech therapy.
It's always good to have a local perspective!
6. Your latest work of fiction features a wealthy industrialist and an R&B singer. What's the first sentence? "This book was not actually written by C.K. Brooke because C.K. Brooke does NOT write contemporary." LOL Awww, I tried to make the parameters loose! maybe an opera singer and a duke then.
Thanks so much for coming, CK. Any final words?
I can't wait to connect with you at RustCity! In the meantime, here are some other ways you can get in contact with me or learn more about my books. Official Website - And if you subscribe to my newsletter there, you'll get a FREE eBook!
Social Media: Amazon | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter
Thanks so much for taking the time to be here! See you in just a few weeks!