OK EVERYBODY HOLD ON WE'RE DOING THIS THING!
As a Featured Blogger (ahem) for the Reading Until Dawn conference, it is my pleasure and my sacred responsibility to showcase the delightful authors that will be hanging out and playing
If you've read Alpha Heroes for very long, you know I'm not too into author interviews. I'm not very good at them, to be honest. So just pretend this is a game instead of an interview. I gave my authors a Mad LibsTM style questionnaire, and here are the results! (note: truthiness is optional... these are fiction writers after all!)
I'm attending RUDCON because I live just an hour north of Denver, and I love to hang out with readers! I'm not a huge game person, but I'm planning a really fun tour of Downtown Denver that I think attendees will love. I'm also excited to see several of my author friends and Colorado readers who will be at the conference.
1. No one ever beats me at the game of: Monopoly. I'm mean, and I always figure out a way to team up with my hubby. We annihilate everyone.
2. Please fill in these blanks:
"When I was a kid, and they were picking teams for sportball, I was usually: B. I was unathletic as hell.
a) picked right away
b) not picked right away
c) one of the captains
Later in life, I found myself signing my kids up for every sport on the planet, and I think it was all because of how the sportball teams were picked.
3. The most embarrassing/hilarious game I ever participated in was _______. Everyone was laughing at _________ . Frankly, I hardly ever play games, and I have no idea how to answer this! I could tell you lots of stories about times I embarrassed myself in various situations, but none of them actually involved games. More stuff like me falling down in the snow, calling people by the wrong names, or spilling beer on myself. (No worries, Selena, it's just for fun.)
4. In an alternate universe, I am George R. R. Martin, only my fabulously successful 700-page epic book is titled "Game of Men." It is about: an American exchange student in Ireland trying to choose between three different boyfriends. (I'd read that!)
5. Once, some friends suggested that we do a holiday boxed set together, and I could only respond, GAME. ON. The results can be seen in a collection title Mischief Under the Mistletoe: 20 Holiday Hotties - coming in November this year!
The 5-words game rules:
You're first! please use the following 5 words in a piece of flash fiction, as long or short as you wish. Don't overthink it :-)
Then, give 5 words for the next victim, er, interviewee to use. They will have the option to build on your piece or do a stand-alone.
Your words are: lush, dodecahedronical, alpha, burnish, home-run.
Candy gazed at her dodecahedronical diamond ring and sighed. It really had been sweet of Jace to give it to her, but she just didn't know that the manager of the Alpha club, where she was a stripper, was really the right guy for her long-term. Granted, he had all that lush chest hair that she loved, and those brown eyes the color of burnished copper. But she'd never felt like she'd hit a home-run when they'd had sex. Something was simply missing, and she couldn't put her finger on it (or apparently in it either). Now, staring at her amazing, and really big, ring, she knew the time to make a decision had arrived.
I love it! I'd read it. C'mon, who doesn't love lush chest hair??
OK, everybody give Selena a big hand for being such a good sport, and... wait, she can't see you clapping. Maybe instead you could go check out her edgy contemporary romances.
Are you registered for Reading Until Dawn Con?
If not, why not?! Join us for fun, games, snacks and possibly pants-optional dancing.
Register here, and see you there!
What's that you say? Budget got you down?
Enter the #RUDC15VideoContest to
win your hotel room for the conference.
You read that right, I said STAY FOR FREE!
Hurry, contest ends July 26. Be sure to read all the details for entry.