|Imaged used with permission from RT Convention|
Features for #RustCity16 will resume next week, but for today, I'm mixing things up a little bit and talking about #RT16!
This is the juggernaut of conferences for romance readers, for sure. Although the magazine is no longer called Romantic Times, fans of romance and all of its crossovers are still a major chunk of this audience, which makes them my people.
Folks who have been reading here for awhile will be aware that I'm on the every-other-year plan for RT, which slightly mitigates my guilt over the amount of money I spend on this big giant party that is essentially a vacation and total indulgence for me. So I've been to Chicago in 2012, and NOLA in 2014 (let's go there every year, please), and my third trip will be Vegas in 2016. I haven't done a Thursday Thirteen in a while, and happily, the meme has found a new home so without further ado, here are:
On My To-Do List For RT16...
- Make my list of can't-miss authors.
- Check it twice (wait, wrong list).
- Make up my mind about the Book Blogger Con. (Who am I kidding, I am going.)
- Register for the Book Blogger Con.
- Finish up my scrapbook pages from RT14. I mean seriously, come on.
- Write up scrapbooking post.
- I have new Moo cards already, so this is done but it's always nice to have something easy to check off, plus I need thirteen things.
- Fix my stupid password that I keep forgetting on the registration site so I can
- Browse the agenda and pick out some can't-miss events.
- Research a few non-conference things to do in Vegas.
- Possibly organize a beer-related outing.
- Roommate? no roommate? I can't decide. I like having no roommate, but I also like spending less $$.
- OMG, what am I going to wear? Gah.
Are you going? are you ready? What do you do to build anticipation?