OK, so the first problem for me is that the event runs from an hour ago (give or take) through Sunday morning. I'm working today; this evening I have a Brownie Girl Scout vest to assemble, and tomorrow I have 1) prep for a Girl Scout event; 2) said Girl Scout event; and 3) an author event at our local library to attend. So of the time that Natasha has allotted, I have... hey, all night tonight and Saturday from about 5 or 6 pm all night til Sunday. Now, I am a night owl to a great extent, but the days of pulling all-nighters are way behind me. So I'm guessing, if all goes well and I don't sleep much, I might be able to put in 12-16 hours. Second, related, problem is, a typical review post might take me 3-4 hours to compose and format.
So I'm going to keep my goal list fairly small:
- Catch up on reviews: I have 3 that I need to do. If I can do 4, I'll be ahead! (uh, see 16 hours divided by 3-4 hours per post....)
- Create a custom favicon. That's that little orange square with the white B for Blogger that shows up in your tab when you visit Alpha Heroes. I'm ready for something prettier.
- Clean up my sidebar. I'm going to get rid of the reading list, since I haven't been keeping it up to date and expand my blogroll. I'd like to find a way to get my blogroll a bit more compact, like Jackie's. She packs an amazing amount of information into her sidebars without sacrificing legibility.
- I'm also going to kick off a new feature here at Alpha Heroes, probably next week, that I'm calling Friday Fantasy Feature. I've been reading a lot of sci-fi fantasy lately, and while I want to keep the romance focus at Alpha Heroes, some of these books are taking up a lot of space in my brain and I need to talk about them. What's the task for Bloggiesta? Construct a button/logo for the feature-- find open source artwork, add text, a reference page, etc.
- Things I'd like to do, but probably won't get to? Write a few extra "rainy day posts," as Natasha calls them. Write 2-3 Thursday Thirteen posts. Oh, and there are a ton of very interesting mini-challenges outlined in today's kick-off post that will probably have to go on my "someday" list.