Mostly we blog for ourselves, right? The satisfaction of expressing ourselves, whether it's about politics, art, the cute thing your kid did this morning, a personal struggle or journey... there are a million different reasons to blog... but it feels awfully lonesome without some feedback. Finding out that other people appreciate what you have to say, whether you've touched them, or informed them or made them laugh-- well, it's heady stuff. So getting an "I Love Your Blog" tag is the kind of thing that can make a blogger's day.
I'm a little late getting in on this meme-- it's already made the rounds to a lot of my favorites. So I'm going with a few here that are kind of new, because it means so much to me as a blogger to know people are reading, and it was an even bigger deal when I first started.
Here are the rules:
Add the logo of the award to your blog
Add a link to the person who awarded it to you
Nominate at least 7 other blogs
Add links to those blogs on your blog
Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs!
My nominees are:
1. The Hairrorist: A brand new blog by a smart, witty friend of mine.
2. Sayuri at Book Pron: New location and focus for an experienced blogger
3. J. Kaye's Book Blog: The hardest-working book blogger in the business. There's always something new going up on her site! She doesn't need any traffic help from me, but I do love that blog.
4. Daz at 99daz.com : The metaphysics of art. Or the art of metaphysics. Or something like that.
5. Laura at Edgy June Cleaver: Mmmmm, that new-blog smell.
That's all I've got this time.